Around this time each year, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to list their houses. Likewise, there are other homeowners who already have their homes on the market remove their listings until the spring. Let’s look at the top reasons why listing your home now or keeping it on the market this winter may be the best choice you can make.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there now. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays, and they need their new employees to start as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to days and times that are most convenient for you. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Over the past few months we’ve seen the supply of homes for sale decreasing year-over-year, as shown in the graph below:
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching, and your home may be the answer.
7. Late fall and early winter make up the “sweet spot” for sellers. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights in 2020, which will lessen the demand for your house next year.
Here's the bottom line:
It may make the most sense for you to list your home this holiday season. Reach out to us to determine if selling now is in your best interest.
We are your local agents with global connections consider us your resource for all things real estate whether you are buying or selling locally or looking for a second home someplace else, we can help.
Jon Etteson & Monica Laws
Cal Dre 01787856